How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am on spouse visa in UK, and living daily domestic violence,

Resolved Question:

Hi, I am on spouse visa in UK, and living daily domestic violence, my husband is violent, this morning he had threaten me with knife, I am afraid that he might kill me at any time.
What can I do to get ILR and not depending from him.
Thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles.

I would advise you to look at this UKBA document which sets out in detail the requirements for obtaining ILR on the basis of domestic violence:

Some of the evidence that can help your case:

police reports;
GP reports etc.

The above document contains all the information and documents that would help your case.

Good luck and please click on Accept

UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions