Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hello, another question, do I have to go to Armenia to get

hello, another question, do I have to go to Armenia to get married, or can we get married here in England, if I do need to go to Armenia, how long do I have to stay and how does the process work.

Regards Adam
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your question.

You do not necessarily need to go to Armenia to marry. You can arrange to marry your fiancé in England and then for her to settle afterwards.

The eligilibiliy criteria and forms you would use are the same as for the original question. The difference is that you have to prove that you intend to marry in England within 6 months of her arrival here, so you would have to evidence that you have booked a place to marry, bought engagement rings (possibly), invited others to the wedding and generally in your statements confirm and elaborate on your plans to marry in the UK.

She would intialy get 6 months leave to remain within which she would marry and before the expiry of this 6 months she would then have to apply (here) for a spouse visa. So, there would be two applications and application fees as opposed to one if you married in Armenia because you could then apply directly for a spouses visa.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Hi Adam,

I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.

Please click accept. You will appreciate that I cannot work for free

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello, thank you again, if we got married here in England, what form do we have to fill in for the six months?
Does this mean that my fiances will come here for six months, and in that time we will get married, then she has to apply under the VS.. form?
Would she then have to then have a visa for 27 months, then apply then for settlement?
Is it worthwhile for me to contact the Border Agency to run through these questions as well?

Cheers Adam