Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hello, thank you for your work so far, another question, to

Hello, thank you for your work so far, another question, to marry my fiance (Armenian), am I right in what I have read, that I have to go to Armenia for three weeks, then register myself with the British Embassy, to await a certificate?, or can we get married here?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your question.

Yes, this is broadly correct. This relates to obtaining a certificate of no impediment which is required for you to marry in Armenia. However, there are three ways to get this according to the FCO (you have picked the first):-
http://ukinarmenia.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-armenia/marriage-or-birth

You will see that there are a further two methods of obtaining a CNI which you may avail yourself of.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you - can we not get married in this country rather than Armenia?, or is that just not possible?
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi Adam,

My answer to that is in reply to the other question that you have submitted to the board. If you link to that you will see.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Hi Adam,

I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.

Please click accept. You will appreciate that I cannot work for free

Tom