UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert

Egyptian future Husband Immigration questions

My future husband is Egyptian we met while I was there in 2009, we are now wanting to marry here or in Egypt and to make a life together in one or other of the two countries, it all seems a minefield, of immigration law and confusing questions of how much money is required to support him if he comes here. I wonder if its best to go to a law firm that specialises in applications rather than to do ourselves?  it isn't clear how much money I would need to sponsor him?How can i find out the amount that everything will cost including money in savings and monthly income required and all associated costs required to get him to the uk?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am assuming you are a British Citizen.

If you wish to marry your future husband in the UK, he would need to apply for a marriage visit visa.

The other option (and possibly easier) would be to get married in Egypt and apply for a settlement visa as a spouse on form VAF4A. The general requirements are here:

There is no fixed figure as far as maintenance is concerned. You should support your spouse without recourse to public funds:

See this guide showing supporting documents normally required:

Hope this helps. Please click on Accept

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert