Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
60469748

Hello there, thanks for your information and finally documents

Hello there, thanks for your information and finally documents were sent on 20 Dec 2011 and were received and signed for on 21 Dec by courier service but so far there is no acknowledgement from Home office. Please note his visa expires on 18 Jan 2012 and if there is no acknowledgement till that time then what should he do? Does he need to write them with proof of courier delivery confirmatio?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for requesting me again to answer your question and for your previous accept.

As your friend submitted his visa before his current HSMP visa expired, his leave is treated as valid and continuous until he receives a final decision from the Home Office. This means that even if he does not receive an acknowledgment letter until after his visa has expired in January 2012, his HSMP visa is ongoing until a final decision. The law in this respect is s3c Immigration Act 1971. Your friend does not need to worry therefore.

He should receive his acknowledgment letter within 4-6 weeks although this maybe delayed because of the Christmas and New Years holidays.

I hope that answers your question. Please click accept on my answer and let me know if you have any further questions. Best wishes for 2012.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the information, Can you please advise a contact number of Home office where we can get information whether they received our documents? Because documents were delivered before 0800 am which is out of the office hours and in home office website it reads that documents must reach them between 0830 to 1630. We called XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXXXXX but did not work as documents were delivered by courier service and not by Royal Mail
Hi there

The numbers you gave are only showing as xxx. Did anybody at the Home Office sign for the courier application? The standard number is XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN The best way to find out is to give the applicants name, date of birth and nationality to see if the Home Office database has been updated but usually the Home Office will bring up details once an acknowledgment letter has been received. If you have proof of delivery then this will help in case the Home Office later say they cannot locate it. You may simply have to wait for an acknowledgment letter as it is often difficult to trace unless through the Royal Mail.

Hopefully they will have received it as you sent it directly by courier so if you cannot trace it then you should simply wait for an acknowledgment letter.

I hope it goes well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes someone signed it for and I have spoken to courier Company and they confirmed that documents were delivered at the post room which is opened earlier to official time the person on duty signed it for...
That is good, as long as someone signed for it then you have proof that it was received at the Home Office. You should try to call the number above and give the applicant's name, nationality and date of birth but if the Home Office have not yet updated their database then you will have to wait for an acknowledgement letter. As you have had it personally delivered and signed for, I do not think there should be a problem. The acknowledgment letter may take a few weeks as above but you should receive one given that it was personally delivered and received by the Home Office.

Please click accept on my answer and I hope he gets a positive decision. Kind regards, XXXXX XXXXX
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience: Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.