Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

can i deport my cheating husband

can i deport my cheating husband,he admit to me that he only marry me for his visa
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Is he still in the UK
  • 2. Has he obtained ILR
  • 3. Do you have documentary proof that he only married you for the visa

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
he is still in the uk
he has his irl
i do not have documentary proof just what he said to me before he walk out
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

When did he obtain his ILR? How long ago?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
january 2010
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

No private individual in any circumstances can arrange for another to be legally deported from the UK. It is only the UKBA and Courts together who can order a person's deportation.

If a person has obtained ILR by deception then this is a circumstance under which the UKBA may take enforcement action to deport the person. They must have proof though.

The only thing you can do is to inform the UKBA that your relationship has broken down, giving a detailed explanation and confirming that your husband said that he only married you for his visa. It is very important that you state that you feel that you have also been deceived, so that they do not think you are complicit in his deception.

Ultimately, it will then be a decision for the UKBA whether or not to revoke his ILR and they seek to deport him but, knowing the UKBA are as overburdened as they are, they will probably not do much about it if he has held ILR for one year I'm afraid.

I am very sorry you find yourself in this situation and wish you a better new year.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,