Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience

hello claire, my girfriend is now back in veitnam getting

hello claire, my girfriend is now back in veitnam getting her deceased husbands death certificate, i am going to hanoi to marry her in april what other papers do we both need to marry in hanoi veitnam ? i have entry visa, birth cert,& divorce paper, do i have to contact british embassy here in england to get papers for her to travel with or without me to my home in cyprus i am british with british passport.and will she need british passport, or entry visa or work visa when she is married to me to go to cyprus, is there a time restriction from being married, to her travelling with me to cyprus, we intend to go to cyprus on the 17th may,after we are married, and can the british embassy in hanoi help us or marry us ?, if so do they need prior notification ? many thanks ray roberts.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You can find information about how to get married here
You will need to enquire of the Cypriot embassy what papers your wife will require to go to Cyprus - but you will need to apply for a spouse visa for her to come to the UK
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi claire, if you cannot give me any clear answers to my questions should i direct my questions to the individual embassies , british cypriot, vietnamese,
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
The British embassy cannot deal with any questions regarding your wish to get married in Vietnam. That will be governed by Vietnamese law. Whilst you could approach the Vietnamese Embassy you will find all the information required on the website I refer you to.
Had you wished to return to the UK then you would have had to apply for a spouse visa for your wife - something the Embassy can assist with - but they would expect you to have the papers referred to on the UKBA website I directed you to.
Since however you wish to take your new wife to Cyprus it is the Cypriot Embassy you will need to approach to discover their visa requirements