How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 30689
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello claire, my girfriend is now back in veitnam getting

Resolved Question:

hello claire, my girfriend is now back in veitnam getting her deceased husbands death certificate, i am going to hanoi to marry her in april what other papers do we both need to marry in hanoi veitnam ? i have entry visa, birth cert,& divorce paper, do i have to contact british embassy here in england to get papers for her to travel with or without me to my home in cyprus i am british with british passport.and will she need british passport, or entry visa or work visa when she is married to me to go to cyprus, is there a time restriction from being married, to her travelling with me to cyprus, we intend to go to cyprus on the 17th may,after we are married, and can the british embassy in hanoi help us or marry us ?, if so do they need prior notification ? many thanks ray roberts.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
You can find information about how to get married here
You will need to enquire of the Cypriot embassy what papers your wife will require to go to Cyprus - but you will need to apply for a spouse visa for her to come to the UK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi claire, if you cannot give me any clear answers to my questions should i direct my questions to the individual embassies , british cypriot, vietnamese,
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
The British embassy cannot deal with any questions regarding your wish to get married in Vietnam. That will be governed by Vietnamese law. Whilst you could approach the Vietnamese Embassy you will find all the information required on the website I refer you to.
Had you wished to return to the UK then you would have had to apply for a spouse visa for your wife - something the Embassy can assist with - but they would expect you to have the papers referred to on the UKBA website I directed you to.
Since however you wish to take your new wife to Cyprus it is the Cypriot Embassy you will need to approach to discover their visa requirements
Clare, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 30689
Experience: 25 years hight street experience
Clare and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas


    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
  • John Knox's Avatar

    John Knox


    Satisfied Customers:

    solicitor with 8 years experience