UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert

I was born in Zanzibar to parents with British Protectorate

Customer Question

I was born in Zanzibar to parents with British Protectorate Passports. Due to the revolution we moved to Aden, Yemen in 1964. After independence from British rule life was tough and we moved to the UAE in 1972 and have been here since. At the moment we hold UAE passports but with no nationality (family book) hence are stateless.My father, my siblings, my son and myself have graduated from British universities. My daughter is applying to study in the UK after her IB in September 2012. I would like to find out if there is anyway I could migrate to the UK. Please advise. Thank you.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

I am afraid you would need to qualify in your own right under the points based system for a working visa if you wish to live in the UK:

Hope this helps