UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

Student finance application form

Hello, I live in UK from 2003 with an Italian citizen passport and having a residence card. I am married to a British citizen from 2004. It is 3rd year of my re-enrolment .I never had any problems in the last years but now I am having issues with Student Finance England for 2011/2012 year application. I am studying my course from 2006. I haven't received any payment this year yet. I believe I should have been enrolling by now. 

They are treating my application for a family member of migrant worker status. What are my rights?

Can you help me with this issue please?

Many thanks,

Optional Information: 
Province/Country relating to question: London

Already Tried: 
I have given all the documents they asked for and every time they keep building on documents regarding my husband working status.

I understand that you are an Italian national who has lived in the UK since 2003. On the basis of this information, you are deemed to be a permanent resident in the UK and as you are married to a UK citizen, you may apply for UK citizenship immediately.

I would advise you to apply for UK citizenship so that you would not have the problems you are having.

I hope this helps.

Please press Accept and feel free to ask a follow up question which I will answer for free.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.
I need to apply Brisith citizenship but it will takes long.

Regarding the student finance, I have not have this problem before what can I doing for my application moving?
Thank you.

You should provide the documentation they are asking for if you want them to move quickly, alternatively, you may write a letter of complaint or speak to the Student Finance Services European Team
  • Address PO Box 89
    Darlington
    DL1 9AZ
  • Phone number Helpline
    (+44) (0)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>
You should point out that you are in your third year of the course and have not had issues before. Your situation would need to be assessed under the rules in force at the time your course started.

Good luck
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you.

I will call them soon but still I am not sure if I get my answer.

I would like to know that if they have right to refer me to migrant worker team. I am not a migrant worker as I am doing a full time course at the moment and my partner is not a migrant worker.

Could I get some advice on applying British citizenship after tomorrow?

Have a nice Christmas!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you.

I will call them soon but still I am not sure if I get the answer.

Have a nice Christmas!

You are right. You are not a migrant worker but an EU student and point this out to them. They seem to have made a mistake.

Please see here for a comprehensive guide to applying as a UK citizen as a spouse of a UK citizen. Your application will be under S. 6(2) of the BNA 1981: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/naturalisation/spouseorcivilpartnerofcitizen/

Good luck and please click on Accept