How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7567
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello could you tell me what is that mean ukba will grant me

Resolved Question:

hello could you tell me what is that mean ukba will grant me leave in line with current immigration rules
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following using the same numbering:-
1. Can you provide some more details please
2. What nationality are you
3. Where are you
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.


i did apply asylum seeker i 1994 in uk my case is still outstanding, my case is legency case, i did receive a letter today from ukba today, on the letter said we have now reviewed your case and subject to final security check our decision is to grant you leave in line with current immigration rules, i did not understand what that mean grant me leave that is leave to remain, ot is indefinited leave to remain or it has time limited, what they normally do on final security?

kind regard


Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.

This means that they have accepted your asylum claim and you will be granted leave to remain. The subject to security part simply means that they will check in the UK to see if you have any criminal record here since you arrived, they may also check to see if you are bankrupt and possibly also check to see if you have a criminal record in your country of origin.

If those checks come back fine (if you are not bankrupt and have never been convicted of a crime then you will be fine) then it is common for them to grant you indefinite leave to remain. However, they do sometimes grant time limited leave to remain for 5 years at the end of which you will be free to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions