UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

I applied for a Tier 5 UK visa and was refused because I included

I applied for a Tier 5 UK visa and was refused because I included an online copy of my Bank statement. Apparently I needed to also include a letter from my bank verifying the money is in my account. I didn't include that letter. I received an email during my application process that i needed to provide proof of funds with my application. I could submit my proof within 5 days and it would be added to my application. In the email i received they had a link that would tell me exactly what information I needed to add. When i clicked the link the page said "error page not found". I had to search on the UK website to find what they wanted. I submitted an online statement from my bank but was unaware that i needed a letter from the bank proving i actually had the money.

I just got the refusal today. What should I do??
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

I suggest you write a letter to the Entry Clearance Manager at the British High Commission and ask them to review the refusal on the basis of the problems you had with the link they sent you.

They may grant the visa provided you submit the bank letter.

Otherwise, you should lodge a fresh application including the bank letter and other documents.

Hope this helps.