Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

Hi, Thank you for your email. My next question is around

Thank you for your email. My next question is around requirements for number of rooms and occupancy in the house. The house currently has 3 bedrooms, a large living and separate dining room, kitchen and 2 bathrooms. One room belongs to my mother, one is my brother's and my 2 sisters are in the third bedroom. The house also comprises a self-contained annex comprising of a large room, a box room, bathroom and kitchenette. I live in the annex with my wife and 2 kids who are 2yr 7 months and 9 months old respectively.
Do we have enough room in the house in order to meet the requirements for having enough space in the house so that the addition of another person (i.e. my father) would not make the house over-crowded in the eyes of the state?
Thanks

Asim
Basically you can have 2 people per room including living rooms provided that 2 people over the age of 10 do not have to share a room ( other than husband and wife) so you could in theory have up to 14 people if you have 7 rooms so that if your father slept in one of the living rooms that would be fine from the overcrowding perspective.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your answer. Can a husband and wife live in 1 room with 2 kids under the age of 3 without the room being overcrowded?
As long as the accommodation overall is ok . The UKBA assesses it on room numbers.