How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, Thank you for your email. My next question is around

This answer was rated:

Thank you for your email. My next question is around requirements for number of rooms and occupancy in the house. The house currently has 3 bedrooms, a large living and separate dining room, kitchen and 2 bathrooms. One room belongs to my mother, one is my brother's and my 2 sisters are in the third bedroom. The house also comprises a self-contained annex comprising of a large room, a box room, bathroom and kitchenette. I live in the annex with my wife and 2 kids who are 2yr 7 months and 9 months old respectively.
Do we have enough room in the house in order to meet the requirements for having enough space in the house so that the addition of another person (i.e. my father) would not make the house over-crowded in the eyes of the state?

Basically you can have 2 people per room including living rooms provided that 2 people over the age of 10 do not have to share a room ( other than husband and wife) so you could in theory have up to 14 people if you have 7 rooms so that if your father slept in one of the living rooms that would be fine from the overcrowding perspective.
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your answer. Can a husband and wife live in 1 room with 2 kids under the age of 3 without the room being overcrowded?
As long as the accommodation overall is ok . The UKBA assesses it on room numbers.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions