Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I have my British citizenship certificate, but i do not have my citizenship number? how d

Customer Question

I have my British citizenship certificate, but i do not have my citizenship number?
how do obtain it? my citizenship was given to me in Wandsworth Uk, July 25 2007
Thank you Lisa
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
is not it on the certificate? there is a reference number under the certificate no which is the border agency reference number for you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply but I have the certificate as stated above and there is no number on it, I moved from the Uk, and have lost the certificate number, how do I obtain my citizenship number?
Sorry but when were you naturalised? Certificates of naturalisation have been the same for quite a long time and they have two numbers on the lower left one a certificate number and the other a reference number.

The only thing you could do is write to the UKBA and ask but why do you need this number?
sorry I just noticed you said 2007 . Is this a certificate of naturalisation? It definitely should have the numbers on it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The certificate is my Certificate of CITIZENSHIP, I have just taken it out of its frame, there are no
numbers on it. It is a purple greyish colour. I am Canadian and my children are both Canadian and British, I must add my certificate number for their passport renewal, This is all the a paper work I have, as I have moved back to Canada and now live in the USA.
How did you become a British Citizen? the only certificates I have seen are certificates of naturalisation they very definitely have reference numbers on them. It may be different if you registered as a citizen. The only thing I can suggest is writing to UKBA you will find their contact details on the website. I am surprised yu have to prove your citizenship on a renewal however