Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

HI .. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF SOME IS COMEING OVER FROM GHANA

HI .. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF SOME IS COMEING OVER FROM GHANA TO THE UK ,DO THEY NEED £6000 IN THERE HAND SO THE AIRPORT IMMIGRATION CAN CHECK THEY HAVE MONEY TO LIVE ON WHEN THEY COME OVER ?THEN THEY GIVE THE MONEY BACK TO THE PERSON AT THE AIRPORT THAT IS FLYING TO THE UK ,,, SO THEY CAN GIVE BACK TO ME HERE IS THAT RIGHT ..... THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Thanks for your question.

If a person is coming to the UK for a visit it is a requirement that they have sufficient funds in order to support/accommodate themselves whilst they are in the UK so that they would not need to access public funds at any point.

If the UK immigration officials suspect that the person does not then they may refuse entry to the UK on this basis.

They would have to demonstrate that they have the funds when they apply for there visa. They would have to produce bank statements with their application in order to get a visa. When they travel they should take copies of up to date bank statements to produce in case there are any questions at the airport but it is not a requirement to physically have the money in their hand. Deposits in a bank account are sufficient.

If you are to transfer the money to their account then expect them to pass the money bank to you then if the person subsequently needs public funds then this will prejudice any immigration application they might make in the future because this is a general ground for refusal for most visas. If the person reveals to the UK immigration officials that the money is technically only a loan to you then they would not be granted a visa and would be refused entry to the UK because the money should be theirs.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom