Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

Could I get clarification of the academic requirements needed

Customer Question

Could I get clarification of the academic requirements needed to enter the UK as the spouse of a British Citizen?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
There are none where did you get the idea you need academic requirements. Do you mean the english language test? If so you will find the information here:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/can-you-apply/english-language/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I was just reading http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part8/spouses_civil_partners/ 284.(ix)(c) and (ix)(d) ?
So what is your question? Have you read the link I sent you? Are you trying to find out if you are exempt from the English test ? If so essentially you need to have a degree taught in English from a reputable university or come from a country classified as English speaking
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the link, yes I did read it - I was just saying in reference to my original question about academic requirements whether the link I sent you meant there were indeed any academic requirements?
No there are no academic requirements but if you have a sufficient level of academic achievement this can be used as evidence that you can pass the required standard of english instead of passing an english language test.