Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

hi. i m umar. i m from paksitan and a student. i have married

Customer Question

hi. i m umar. i m from paksitan and a student. i have married with a Lithvinian girl two months ago and prepare my case by a lawyer / consultant. some days ago that lawyer / consultant was arrested for any reason and immegiration people take all record from his office including my case (my passport my wife card and other original documents) what should i do now?
1. should i contect with home office by myself?
2. should i take the services from a solicitor.?
3. if i apply by my self and they refuse what are negative effect on my case.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i need answer of my question urgently. if you do so with in 10 mints then its ok. but if late then sorry
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks. i am waiting.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes please
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
I would start by contacting the Solicitors regulatory authority and find out if anyone has been put in by them to administer the practice assuming this was a solicitor. Otherwise if you have the reference contact the UKBA and find out what the state of the application is ( if it has been filed) . You might be well advised to get a solicitor although get a proper regulated one but as long as you have not done anything fraudulent it should not affect the outcome of your application.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sir i did not do any thing wrong. i have just given my case (file) for checking and thats it. he did not file my case. if they refuse to give me or refuse to send my case to me then what should i do. initially should i call them or write an application?
Have you. Checked if the adviser was a solicitor? If so contact the solicitors regulatory authority . If not then clearly you need to contact immigration enforcement and ask for the return of your documents so that you can submit an application .

The fact that you are a victim should not interfere with your application as long as the application meets the rules
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
should i call them or write them an application. or sent them an e mail. is it possible that you guide me about forum where i have to apply i mean can you tell me e mail address where i sent my application. thanks
Before you can do anything you need to get your passports back I would start by phoning them. I am away from my desk but I can send you contact details when I return later

Please press accept so I am credited for my time

this is the detail for UKBa contact centres I would start there

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/contactspage/contactcentres/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sir i am really very thankful to u for these guidence. sir if i want to proceed this case through u how much i will have to pay and what i have to do. kindly info me please thanks.
I can only assist you through this website. if you do not feel able to progress the application your self you should get an immigration solicitor to help you but map ensure it is a firm of solicitors not something else - as you already know to your cost!

Please press accept so I am credited for my time you can still ask follow up questions
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am only afraid that if i call ukba and they refuse to give me the documents may be it will effect on my case. after refusal of giving documents to me can i apply through a solicitor
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

Yes you can apply through a Solicitor.

As your question has been answered please click accept. It does not close and you can ask follow up questions.

Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.