Andrew
Andrew, Barrister
Experience:  Over 10 years specialist expertise in all aspects of Immigration Law.

i am reinstated by virtue of section 3c. my work permit and

i am reinstated by virtue of section 3c. my work permit and visa was expired on 16 January 2008. am i still entitled to work.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Andrew replied 2 years ago.

Andrew :

Thank you for your question. If your leave is continuing under section 3C of the 1971 Immigration Act, your

Customer:

i cant see the full reply.

Andrew :

Thank you for your question. If your leave is continuing under section 3C of the 1971 Immigration Act, your previous conditions will continue, so that if you were able to work before expiry you will be allowed to continue to work. However, in your case it does seem unusual that you would have s. 3C leave since 16/1/08. I would have expected that a decision would have been made on your application for variation of leave by now.

Customer:

no i am in appeal process and it is not been decided yet. i am under the impression that i have right to work until appeals are exhausted.

Andrew :

If you are in the appeal process they (the UKBA) would have made a decision on your variation application and if you appealed against that decision in-time you would have section 3D leave not s. 3C leave. But yes your conditions would continue such that you could still work unless UKBA have said to the contrary.

Customer:

does this matter that my work permit was expired on 16 January 2008. 3c leave was granted by the high court on a JR applicaiton. then home office rejected my application which high court ask them to consider. then i appealed against the decision.

Andrew :

I would be grateful if you would click accept so that I may be reimbursed for my response to your question, many thanks

Customer:

how much i would be charged.

Andrew :

Probably not

Customer:

?

Customer:

i mean how much i have to pay for this overall chat?

Andrew :

In relation to charging, you will have already paid the site, it will just affect whether all of that money stays with the site or whether I get half for having answered the question. Probably not was in response to your question about whether it would make any difference if there was a judicial review.

Customer:

okay

Andrew, Barrister
Experience: Over 10 years specialist expertise in all aspects of Immigration Law.