Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

Hi i have recently applied for my husband to join me in the

Customer Question

Hi i have recently applied for my husband to join me in the uk. In october i was nearly made redundant. I workd my notice and a week after i had completed my notice period i was offered my old job bak but in another store. I have been pald my stat redundancy pay but have resumed work. I am worrid this may affect my application as i have been getting my paoerwork ready for last few months. I delayd my application but when i got my job bak i put my application in. I will be leaving work to go on maternity leave in january. Will any of this affect my application?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Why do you think this will affect your husbands application? presumably you have looked at the criteria . Are you concerned about having adequate means? What will he do when he comes here? What basis is he applying on ? On what basis are you here?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am a british citizen from 1981 and my husband is from pakistan. I got marid against my family wishes and they have tried to create problems for me with the british high commision by acting on my behalf and sending false emails to them. He is applying as a spouse visa. I am happy with my application and paperwork i have submitted. But because i was made redundant and did not mention in my application i am worid this may affect my application even though i have now resumed work with the same job title and company. He will hopefully get a job when he comes hear i will be on maternity leave from january. I am concerned about the home office rejecting on the basis i was made redundant. I did not submit my application untill i was offered my job back. I hope this information helps.
It should not affect the application if you have a new job and your means have not changed. The issue it affects for UKBA is the ability for you and your husband to support yourselves. Presumably you are entitled to maternity pay. As long as you have adequate means and accomodation the only other issue really is showing it is a genuine marriage and I would imagine being pregnant helps in that respect.