How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Thomas Your Own Question

Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7038
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Sir, We need a visa permit for myself and my 3 kids. My

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
We need a visa permit for myself and my 3 kids.
My husband is Italian, hired by UK company since April.
We're Mexican with 5 years Italian visa permit.
We had a son in June, borned in Stafford hospital.
By now we've only turistic visa.
The 3 kids are going to school in UK.
I dont have any intentions of work, my only interest is to get the visa for living here with my husband. So far, we have been in england for short periods of time since april. We are going out of the country by dec the 20th, and we planning to re enter by mid january. Please let us know how to proceed in the best way,
We look forward for an advice in order to make the right move and get the visa permit in Uk.
Kind regards
Fayne henriquez
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi Fayne,


Thanks for your question.


If you are to return to Italy shortly on the basis of the Italian permit that you have then the best thing to do would be to apply for a family permit whilst you are back there.


This is permit for a non-eea national spouse of an eea national who will work outside their home country. Once you have your family permit you can return to the UK. Once in the UK you will have to apply for a residence card, which is an endorsement in your passport confirming your right to reside in the UK for 5 years.

At the end of the 5 year period you and the children can apply for Permanent Residence of the UK (if you wish) confirming your right to remain in the UK free from immigration time restrictions, so you would no longer require a visa in the UK.


All the information on the above is contained on the following links:-


You should consider seeing a UK immigration solicitor before you leave to prepare the application so that you can submit it to the UK embassy in Italy as soon as you arrive in Italy before chistmas.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello, we are not going back to italy for xmas, we are going to mexico, what should we do instead?
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.



No difference - you can simply apply to the UK embassy in Mexico.


Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long does ittake? Are we goi g to have the visa before re entering in uk? Does the fact of have had the baby in stafford with our turist visa might afect? We are going to accept your answer, tks
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.


It varies depending on where you are applying from, but it should be about four weeks from the date of submission. That's why I suggest preparing the application before you return.


You baby and the circumstances of it's birth will not affect your application.

Please click accept.


Thomas, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 7038
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can i apply online? Should i do it when im outside the uk? Can i start now or its better to wait until im leaving the uk territory?
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas


    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
  • John Knox's Avatar

    John Knox


    Satisfied Customers:

    solicitor with 8 years experience