Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

, We need a visa permit and my 3 kids. My husband is

Customer Question

Dear Sir, We need a visa permit for myself and my 3 kids. My husband is Italian, hired by UK company since April. We're Mexican with 5 years Italian visa permit. We had a son in June, borned in Stafford hospital. By now we've only turistic visa. The 3 kids are going to school in UK. I dont have any intentions of work, my only interest is to get the visa for living here with my husband. So far, we have been in england for short periods of time since april. We are going out of the country by dec the 20th, and we planning to re enter by mid january. Please let us know how to proceed in the best way, Tks We look forward for an advice in order to make the right move and get the visa permit in Uk. Kind regards ***** *********

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Hi *****,

Thanks for your question.

If you are to return to Italy shortly on the basis of the Italian permit that you have then the best thing to do would be to apply for a family permit whilst you are back there.

This is permit for a non-eea national spouse of an eea national who will work outside their home country. Once you have your family permit you can return to the UK. Once in the UK you will have to apply for a residence card, which is an endorsement in your passport confirming your right to reside in the UK for 5 years.

At the end of the 5 year period you and the children can apply for Permanent Residence of the UK (if you wish) confirming your right to remain in the UK free from immigration time restrictions, so you would no longer require a visa in the UK.

All the information on the above is contained on the following links:-

You should consider seeing a UK immigration solicitor before you leave to prepare the application so that you can submit it to the UK embassy in Italy as soon as you arrive in Italy before chistmas.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello, we are not going back to italy for xmas, we are going to mexico, what should we do instead?
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

No difference - you can simply apply to the UK embassy in Mexico.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How long does ittake? Are we goi g to have the visa before re entering in uk? Does the fact of have had the baby in stafford with our turist visa might afect? We are going to accept your answer, tks
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

It varies depending on where you are applying from, but it should be about four weeks from the date of submission. That's why I suggest preparing the application before you return.

You baby and the circumstances of it's birth will not affect your application.

Please click accept.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can i apply online? Should i do it when im outside the uk? Can i start now or its better to wait until im leaving the uk territory?
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

You should apply in person and attend the embassy to hand in the application. You can download the application forms via the links above and take them to a solicitor now so that they can prepare them.

Thanks for your accept.