Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I am trying to fill form IAFT-4 section C.. dont really know

I am trying to fill form IAFT-4 section C.. don't really know what to write in it as my application been refused because we failed to nominate a representative or sponsor within the UK..The form for my sister and I am sponsor for her in UK. and what documents I should send with it for this?

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. What visa have you applied for

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She applied for family visit visa (6 month visit visa).
And got a letter from the judge allowing are appeal but been determined because we failed to to nominate a representative or sponsor within UK..

The second line of your sentence is a little confusing.

Have you appealed already but this appeal was not allowed because there was no sponsor?

KInd regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the appeal we Placed (first against the ECO(entry clearance officer) decision) was allowed but because we didn't nominate a sponsor it been determine without a hearing.. I need to send the IAFT-4 form but in section 4 they asked for (reasons for appealing) and that confused me.. and do i need to send any documents with this reasons for appealing?

Thanks for your reply.

If you have already appealed the decision to the Immigration Appeals Tribunal then it would be a waste of time attempting to appeal to the Upper Tier Tribunal. Appeals to the Upper Tier Tribunal must be based on an error in law at the Immigration Appeals Tribunal. If the reason for rejection is that she did not have a sponsor then that is not an error in law, it’s a justifiable policy based ground for refusal.

You should make a fresh application, including the relevant documentation that you collated with the current application and submit this to the UKBA in the same way as you did previously.

This time though she should state that she has a sponsor in the UK and the sponsor should go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which they (the sponsor) states the terms of your visit, that she is to return at the end of it, that if they are in a relationship with her then they know that she should leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that they shall accommodate you and pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

They should attach as exhibits to the declaration copies of land registry official copies of the property they own (if they do) or a tenancy agreement if they rent. Additionally they should also include up to date bank statements or other financial records showing that they have money available to cover any unforeseen expenses of her stay.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-

On the basis of what you have said you should make a new application because there has not been an error in law that would give you an appreciable chance of success at the Upper Tier Tribunal
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,