How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7408
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to fill form IAFT-4 section C.. dont really know

This answer was rated:

I am trying to fill form IAFT-4 section C.. don't really know what to write in it as my application been refused because we failed to nominate a representative or sponsor within the UK..The form for my sister and I am sponsor for her in UK. and what documents I should send with it for this?


Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

  • 1. What visa have you applied for

Kind regards.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She applied for family visit visa (6 month visit visa).
And got a letter from the judge allowing are appeal but been determined because we failed to to nominate a representative or sponsor within UK..

The second line of your sentence is a little confusing.

Have you appealed already but this appeal was not allowed because there was no sponsor?

KInd regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the appeal we Placed (first against the ECO(entry clearance officer) decision) was allowed but because we didn't nominate a sponsor it been determine without a hearing.. I need to send the IAFT-4 form but in section 4 they asked for (reasons for appealing) and that confused me.. and do i need to send any documents with this reasons for appealing?

Thanks for your reply.

If you have already appealed the decision to the Immigration Appeals Tribunal then it would be a waste of time attempting to appeal to the Upper Tier Tribunal. Appeals to the Upper Tier Tribunal must be based on an error in law at the Immigration Appeals Tribunal. If the reason for rejection is that she did not have a sponsor then that is not an error in law, it’s a justifiable policy based ground for refusal.

You should make a fresh application, including the relevant documentation that you collated with the current application and submit this to the UKBA in the same way as you did previously.

This time though she should state that she has a sponsor in the UK and the sponsor should go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which they (the sponsor) states the terms of your visit, that she is to return at the end of it, that if they are in a relationship with her then they know that she should leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that they shall accommodate you and pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

They should attach as exhibits to the declaration copies of land registry official copies of the property they own (if they do) or a tenancy agreement if they rent. Additionally they should also include up to date bank statements or other financial records showing that they have money available to cover any unforeseen expenses of her stay.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-

On the basis of what you have said you should make a new application because there has not been an error in law that would give you an appreciable chance of success at the Upper Tier Tribunal
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,

Thomas, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 7408
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Thomas and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years hight street experience
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.