Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
60469748

Hi My appeal under article 8 & 3.

Customer Question

Hi My appeal under article 8 & 3 has been recently dismissed.I am an over stayer with wife and 2 kids born here (6.5 years and 2.5 years).My visa has expired in February 2005 while I was on TWES work permit and tried to convert in to commercial WP in 2005 and failed without success.From that date I was overstayed my visa and applied under article 8 and had recently my appeal was dismissed.My solicitor and barrister said there are 2 more appeal that I could do but they have no hope at all because there was no error of law on the tribunal's decision. even if I appeal ,I will get rejection again and they said expect the worse.My solicitor preparing the appeal against the first tribunal decision this week. I was told by the solicitor that I should hide from HO for another 12 months to start the process again if my appeals fail. I am so much confused and disappointed by the solicitor's action.I am a professional accountant ,have a house,my kids school etc... I am thinking to see a high flyer barrister to get advice? please advice me what can I do ?is there any way that I could escape the deportation. Many Thanks XXXXX
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 2 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi Mr Adamlebbe
Customer:

hi

Customer:

Hi are you still there

Awan-Legal : I am sorry to hear that you were refused. What nationality are you and your children? Do you have any medical issues? On what basis did the Judge dismiss your appeal? It is difficult to advise you fully without seeing the determination but a well prepared case does make a difference. Under Article 8, your appeal does have merit as your children were born in the UK and you have good economic prospects. You seem to have settled well into the UK. You may have to wait for the outcome of the reconsideration application or submit a fresh application but it very much depends on the reasons your case was dismissed. I have been successful in similar cases in the past since although the previous known 7 year child concession was taken away, Lord Bassam relied on Article 8 as more favorable in entitling families with children in the UK for less than 7 years to remain in the UK.
Awan-Legal : If you wish to seek a second opinion or do somebody to consider the merits of a fresh application/reconsideration, you can find a representative on the OISC website or SRA website.
Awan-Legal : Please let me know if I can help further. In the meantime, please click accept on my answer.
Customer:

I am a Sri Lankan and my kids born here.both born when I was

Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience: Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sri Lankan national.
My current barrister is preparing the appeal and he is saying that don't hope for any positive results for the appeal.
This what he said:
I have one more appeal (3rd appeal)
I cannot put any fresh application?
If I get negative results,I should hide from the HO for 1 year to start again from the scratch/
Please confirm is there any chance that I could lodge a fresh application? 2.for the 3rd appeal I am going to find a high flyer barrister-doest it work?
Or should I appoint a high flyer barrister now for the second appeal ?
please advice
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the answer.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!