Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

My son is studying in London(City University). In order to

My son is studying in London(City University).
In order to renew his visa with Home Office they asked him to submit ORIGINAL statement of my account copy of which I have sent him from online statement. As my bank is in Germany and they say usually they give copy of statements to customers what is your solution to this issue.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your question.

I'm afraid online statements are usually not sufficient for visa application purposes. The UKBA generally do not accept them. The usual process if using online statements is the print the statements yourself and then attend a local branch of the bank to ask that they verify them.

They will then stamp, sign and date each page of the statement. You can then use this for visa application purposes.

If he has time before he applies then you should do this. If he doesn't (ie. Before his current visa expires) then he should submit the statements with his application. The verified statements should then be sent thereafter with a covering letter explaining. If they reject on this basis then you have a reasonable chance of appeal because the statements would have actually existed at the time of the original application.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,