Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I am a british citizen now.Originally i came from zimbabwe

I am a british citizen now.Originally i came from zimbabwe in 2002.I wish my daughter who is 16 years old and my son to join me. my son is 28 years old.I am employed as a manager in a nursing home.How do i get to do this?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. When did you naturalised as a British Citizen

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I naturalised in 2010 and got my british passport in 2010 as well
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have stated to you when i naturalised.

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid that if your children were born outside the UK after 31st December 1982 and you naturalised after they were born then they do not qualify to receive British Citizenship. They would have if they were born after you naturalised.

They therefore have not acquired any additional rights to enter and stay in the UK than any other non-uk/EEA person I'm afraid.

They can apply for visitor's visas in order to visit for periods of 6 months in any 12 month period and you can sponsor them by executing a Sponsorship Declaration confirming that you will support/accommodate them during the periods of their stay.

If they wish to come here for an extended length of time they must either:-

I am very sorry that it could not be better news. I am sure that you feel it's unfair after you have acquired your British citizenship but I'm afraid that this is the way it works with the British Nationality Act 1981

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,