Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

Hi! I am a daugther of a british citizen ( mother born and

Customer Question

Hi! I am a daugther of a british citizen ( mother born and raised in the UK) AND AND AN iCELANDIC FATHER. i WAS BORN IN iCELAND IN 1064. mY PARENTS APPLIED FOR AN ICELANDIC PASSPORT FOR ME WHEN i was 14 and were told as I had an icelandic father I wasnt entitled or couldnt apply for a British passport. I have half sisters who are British "born and bred" and live in the uk. Can I apply for british citizenship - british by decent?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
Do you mean you were born in 1964? If your mother was a British Citizen by birth then yes you are entitled to British citizenship. You have to register however and you will need to produce evidence that your mother is a British citizen ( or citizen of the UK and Colonies as it then was) and was born here. You apply using form UKM you can find the details on the UKBA website here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/applying/applicationtypes/britishmother/