How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Knox Your Own Question
John Knox
John Knox, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1155
Experience:  solicitor with 8 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
John Knox is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, can an illegal person does something for adjusting this

Resolved Question:

Hi, can an illegal person does something for adjusting this status? Many thanks
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  John Knox replied 5 years ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My boyfriend came in UK from Mauritius with a turistic visa, it's experied almost 3 years ago. What can he adjust this mistake? He said to me that the only change is getting married with an European citizien. Is this the only way?
Expert:  John Knox replied 5 years ago.
Even if he married a European citizen, he would still have a problem because he is here illegally. He would not have a right to stay here legally until he left the UK, applied again for a visa from outside the UK (he could apply on the basis of his marriage to a UK citizen) and then came back into the UK legally.

The only way to improve his situation is to leave and apply again for a visa from his home country.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So can he leave this Country or he's gonna have some problem at the border?
Expert:  John Knox replied 5 years ago.
When he leaves, they will question him as to why he has overstayed for so long. They will let him go though. When he reapplies for a visa, he will have to explain why he stayed so long but he shld be ok.
John Knox and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions