Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience

My daughter is marrying a TunisXXXXX XXXXX man on 9th November,

Customer Question

My daughter is marrying a TunisXXXXX XXXXX man on 9th November, she has applied for the new birth certificate and a certificate of unlawful imediment thats required, but her fiance says that there should be another certificate stating that she is indeed single....the Tunisian law requires this...where and what is this certificate please, we werent aware of a certificate to state you are still single ...
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
I think that he may be confusing the extra paperwork that your daughter would have needed if she had previously been divorced with the Certificate on no impediment that your daughter has already obtained
There is no separate proof of being single that is indeed what the Certificate shows.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
...Najeh seems to think that there should be indeed 3 certificates that is needed to be allowed to be married in Tunisia....1 birth certificate 15 days young
2. certificate of authorization for marriege
3. confirmation of single status... please confirm this because he is adament they will not allow their marriege unless they have these certificate...
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Can you ask him where he got his information from?
As I said I suspect it is the extra form she would have needed had she been divorced
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
...thank you love....Najeh went to the consulate withthis information and yes, you were corect thank you...its because they thought she had indeed been married before....once again, thank you xx
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.

i am glad all is well and hope they will be happy