Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

Hi there my girlfriend is coming to the UK in January for a

Hi there my girlfriend is coming to the UK in January for a holiday,from Russia she has got a visa but when asking the travel does she need to bring any monies with her. He stated that she has to have £30 per day for the length of her visa to show customs. Her visa is for 180 days therefore she will need to show customs £5400.00 either in travel cheques or cash is this true?
How long is she coming for?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
About two weeks
fine then as long as she has a return ticket she needs to show she has enough t o support herself for the length of her visit no the length of the visa . Immigration are concerned to see people are genuine visitors do not need to work and will leave. So if she has a return ticket a job to go back to and enough money and.or credit cards to pay for her two week stay she should not have a problem.