Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.

ILR visa, HSMP holder, what is max stay abroad 165 day is

Customer Question

ILR visa, HSMP holder, what is max stay abroad? 165 day is OK?

Hi I am going to apply ILR in a week. I have HSMP visa or tier1 now. I will use SETO form to complete form. It does not say anything in the form about the max duration in the guidance.

Do you think I will be ok with 165 days abroad in 5 years
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 5 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : For ILR in this category, there is no specified number of days to be considered. The UKBA do generally disregard short periods abroad and I do not think your absence from the UK is excessive in the five year period overall, particularly if these were holidays taken in line with your annual leave entitlement or for business trips.
Awan-Legal : I hope that has been helpful. Please click accept on my answer and I am happy to answer any further questions arising from the above. Thanks, Awan Legal.