Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

HI my name is Laziz ME AND MY WIFE ARE UK RECIDENTS (5 YEAR

HI my name is Laziz

ME AND MY WIFE ARE UK RECIDENTS (5 YEAR STAMP).
I HOLD UZBEKISTAN PASSPORT,
MY WIFE HOLDS SOVAKIAN (EU).

WE HAVE 10 MONTH OLD BABY, SHE HOLDS UK ISSUED BIRTH CERTEFICATE.
AND WE ARE TRAVELLING SOON TO ASIA.

my question is -
DOES MY BABY NEEDS ANY STAMP OR DOCUMENT TO ENTER BACK IN TO THE UK?
Thank you.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi Laziz,

Thanks for your question.

You should obtain a Slovakian passport for the child. The child is not yet entitled to a UK passport because you do not hold permanent residence. You need to contact the Slovakian embassy to arrange a passport for the child.

Once the child has this you can travel to Asia (subject to the visa restrictions for the individual Asian countries you are travelling to) with the child. The child will be allowed to enter the UK upon your return because she will have a EU (Slovakian) passport which means she too will have the EU rights as her mother and you as the mother’s husband.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks Tom

very usefull information.

Actually baby and mother are in Slovakia at the moment they have been there for several weeks and they are coming back to England in few weeks.

Smb did say we can include the baby in our Resedency stamps.

Question is?

Are they gonner have difficulties entering in to the UK? eventhough baby holds UK birt certeficate? if so what need to be done? Because we've already bought tickets.

Thank you

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Will they obtain the child's Slovakia passport before they return to the uk?

Kind regards

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We did applay for slovakian passport in slovakia severall weeks ago.

Its in prosess and we've been told it will take anything up to 6 month.

Is there any other way you would suggest such as travell travel document.

Thank you.

Laziz.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Laziz,

In terms of the child coming back to the UK I think you will either be able to obtain a travel document from the UK embassy in Slovakia for the child to travel, or alternatively you should ask about ID cards in Slovakia.

An ID card is similar to a passport, it is a photo-card which permits the person holding it to travel with the EU. It may be quicker than the passport applicaoitn.

You should see if there's a fast-track service for the processing of the child's passport in Slovakia because the difficulty is that the child would not be able to travel to Asia without it.

I really think you need to investigate the possibility of a fast track passport service and possibly speaking to the travel company about re-arranging your departure date in line with the time you expect to receive the child's passport. There's no way around it. Travel documents are for emergencies where one person needs to return to a resident country really, they are not for visitation purposes.

Once the child has the Slovakian you can apply for a Registration Certificate stamp in her passport in the same way you have.

Sorry it could not be better news.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor