Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

Hello Senior Partner, thanks for your expert advice in guiding

Customer Question

Hello Senior Partner, thanks for your expert advice in guiding me through my application from outside the UK which was successful.
The slight issue I have now is that every time I travel abroad and get back to Heathrow, which is about 5 times since January, I am stopped and subjected to intense interrogation just because I have been refused a visa before. It takes at least 30mins and each Border officer needs clearance from a Supervisor before they let me through. It is so embarrassing! A couple of them said I should write to the HO to get the note on my file removed otherwise it will happen every time I travel.
Please advise me on how to remove this note on my file to stop this from happening again.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Hello I am pleased to hear you were successful. It must be very annoying to be stopped all the time. In the first instance I can only suggest that I can only suggest you follow the advice of the immigration control officers and write to UKBA with details of your passport number and case reference and ask them to remove the flag from your file because it is causing you an issue and wasting immigration officers time. If you do not get a satisfactory response then probably the best recourse is to go to your local MP and ask then to raise the issue with the home Office. You can write to your MP or visit their surgery and explain the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your advice.

Would you advice me to get a lawyer like yourself to write to them on my behalf rather than me taking them on myself? May be using a precedent here and there could add more weight and urgency to it I would imagine Sir.
If you are happy to spend the money it would not do any harm to have a solicitor write on your behalf as it adds some weight but to be honest it should not be necessary it is an administrative issue
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sir,

Would you be kind enough to write to the HO on my behalf to deal with this matter for me?

If yes, then please send me an email to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX or XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX with all the details you would need and an invoice for your cost with your bank details.

Waiting to hear from you soon.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.