Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX would like to know if there is a chance

hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX would like to know if there is a chance to cancel my dependant which is just recently receive his indefinite live to remain have to say this as our marriage break down and we no longer live together
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your quesiton.

How long ago did they obtain ILR?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
02 august 2011
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Were you living together at the time she got ILR?

Were you still in a relationship when you made your applicatoin?

Do you now hold ILR?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes hold our ILR and the relation when i apply is not good term
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

You had split up at the time at which you supported his application?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
and i dont know where he is living
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Though I'm sure you very much want to tell them that you have split up I'm afraid that it would not be in your best interests to do so. You supported his application for indefinite leave to remain based upon his status as a dependent. When you supported his application you effectively were saying that you were still in a relationship at the time of his application.

If you were not, then this is a deception. This is taken very seriously by the UKBA. Deception can be grounds for revoking ILR, so it would be for the UKBA to decide whether or not to take revocation proceedings against both him and you. In all probability they would take whatever action they took against him also against you so it's really not worth the risk since you could be putting yourself in a position where you would be prompting your own revocation of ILR and possible deportation proceedings after that.

You should try to accept his misdeed and move on. Sorry it could not be better news, I'm certain it's very painful for you and you have my sympathies.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,