CharlotteSJ
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
32200768

I am a british citizen who has lived in use for 10 years, married

I am a british citizen who has lived in use for 10 years, married 6 years to a lebanese citizen and we have a daughter of 18 months who is also a british citizen. i want to know how my husband can get the nationality without us having to go and live there ??
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 5 years ago.
Where are you currently living and where are you intending to live for the foreseeable future?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are living in the united arab emirates for the last 10yrs, not 100% certain where we will finally settle,it may be UK but not sure yet,it might be somewhere in europe.
Unless you are actually planning to make the UK your home, your husband is not likely to get British Citizenship.

If you do decide to make the UK your home, then he will need to apply for a spouses visa which will be granted for a 2 years period during which you need to live in the UK. Once he has completed 2 years, he will need to apply for and have indefinite leave to remain for one year and then he can apply for his British Citizenship.

Unless he has some British ancestry (ie British parents or grandparents) that he can make the application on the basis of, that is really his only option but he will actually need to live here and spent the majority of his time here.