How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CharlotteSJ Your Own Question
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
CharlotteSJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a british citizen who has lived in use for 10 years, married

Resolved Question:

I am a british citizen who has lived in use for 10 years, married 6 years to a lebanese citizen and we have a daughter of 18 months who is also a british citizen. i want to know how my husband can get the nationality without us having to go and live there ??
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 5 years ago.
Where are you currently living and where are you intending to live for the foreseeable future?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are living in the united arab emirates for the last 10yrs, not 100% certain where we will finally settle,it may be UK but not sure yet,it might be somewhere in europe.
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 5 years ago.
Unless you are actually planning to make the UK your home, your husband is not likely to get British Citizenship.

If you do decide to make the UK your home, then he will need to apply for a spouses visa which will be granted for a 2 years period during which you need to live in the UK. Once he has completed 2 years, he will need to apply for and have indefinite leave to remain for one year and then he can apply for his British Citizenship.

Unless he has some British ancestry (ie British parents or grandparents) that he can make the application on the basis of, that is really his only option but he will actually need to live here and spent the majority of his time here.
CharlotteSJ and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions