How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CharlotteSJ Your Own Question
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
CharlotteSJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my father is a british overseas citizen he was born in aden/south

Resolved Question:

my father is a british overseas citizen he was born in aden/south yemen on 1953 he as home office told in his certificate of status regaind his status on 1983 january first .he took the certificate on june 2010. now i was born on 1990 in uae & we are four firt of us was born on 1987 then me then another girl born on 1993 the las was born on1998 edo you think we have the righ to ask for the nationality as our fathers status
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 5 years ago.
Are you in the UK at the moment? Where were you born?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no i am in the united arab emerates and i was born in the uae
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 5 years ago.
It doesn't sound like you have British nationality since you were born out of the UK and it doesn't appear that your father had British nationality that could be passed on at the time of your birth.

However if you want exact clarification, the Home Office offer a service where you can send them your details and they will confirm whether or not your have any entitlement to British citizenship.

This may be the best way to find out. You need to complete this form and send it with as much evidence of your parentage and their nationality and status as possible. If the Home Office confirm that you do have an entitlement to British Citizenship then you can apply for a British passport.

Best of luck,

CharlotteSJ and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions