CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.

my father is a british overseas citizen he was born in aden/south

my father is a british overseas citizen he was born in aden/south yemen on 1953 he as home office told in his certificate of status regaind his status on 1983 january first .he took the certificate on june 2010. now i was born on 1990 in uae & we are four firt of us was born on 1987 then me then another girl born on 1993 the las was born on1998 edo you think we have the righ to ask for the nationality as our fathers status
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 5 years ago.
Are you in the UK at the moment? Where were you born?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no i am in the united arab emerates and i was born in the uae
It doesn't sound like you have British nationality since you were born out of the UK and it doesn't appear that your father had British nationality that could be passed on at the time of your birth.

However if you want exact clarification, the Home Office offer a service where you can send them your details and they will confirm whether or not your have any entitlement to British citizenship.

This may be the best way to find out. You need to complete this form and send it with as much evidence of your parentage and their nationality and status as possible. If the Home Office confirm that you do have an entitlement to British Citizenship then you can apply for a British passport.

Best of luck,