Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

My boyfriend who is from India and we have been together for

Customer Question

My boyfriend who is from India and we have been together for 5 and half years has had his application for leave to remain rejected. They now want him to contact them with a view to arranging his departure from the UK. He is hard working and has worked as a builder ever since he has been here. I met him in 2006 and wasn't aware of his status. He asked me to marry him about 2 years ago but I wasn't so sure. I love him and would like to marry him now can we get married at a register office? We do not live together.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
What is the basis he is here? What did he apply for and why was he rejected? How long he been here? Please let me have as much info as possible.