How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13323
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to know about Tier2 visa Hi I am currently on post

This answer was rated:

I want to know about Tier2 visa?

Hi I am currently on post study work visa which is expiring on 22nd jan 2012, my wife is here for last 4 months on dependent visa and she started a travel agency last month as very small scale business.i am working as a receptionist in a hotel for 2 years and my salary is 15000 per year. I am also the sectary of my wife's company with no shares. This is my current position.

I heard that we have no more any kind of skilled work visa, that suits my salary and all, is it true?

I would like to ask my HR, if they can provide some kind of work visa(Tier 2), can you please what visa i can be eligible?

What are the requirements for Tier2 visa such as letter from the company, salary range, how much funds i should show, how tax i should pay, when should i pay?

I am gonna ask my company to provide me the sponsorship letter only and i want bear the rest of the things, so please advise me accordingly.

is there anyother way that I and my wife can stay in UK after 2012 Jan?

Looking forward to get reply from you.

Many thanks

You are not eligible fro a tier 2 permit under current rules unless your income is more than £20,000.

You can switch from a PSW to tier 2 but you need to have the minimum salary.

Your wife is unlikely to qualify in her own right. she is here as your dependent and to stay in her own right she would need to qualify under tier 1 or 2 .

You should presumably be paying tax on your income anyway if you have a job NI and PAYE should be being deducted.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for you answer, the information is useful but, need more information to find some solution.

if the company manages to provide me issue a letter for more than 20k will it be ok.? what else i need from the company?

in another case, as a secetary of my company, i can show some salary. does it help me to meet the requirement?

please provide in detail.

Note: you will be paid for your time and work for me.
No a letter will not suffice. you need to produce payslips. the full requirements for documentary evidence are set out on the UKBA website. See here:

to demonstrate salary you need proper payslips .
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 13323
Experience: Solicitor
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years hight street experience
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.