Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I applied for uk settlement visa in my country on july 18,and

Customer Question

I applied for uk settlement visa in my country on july 18,and since have not heard anytin from the british high commission in lagos,however,I came to the uk in 2005 as a student,but was removed this year,bcos my leave to remain was curtailed due to the convictions I had.I was told to come back home and apply for entry clearance,I married a british citizen in jan 2011,which was in the united kingdom,and after my remover,she came to my country for 6weeks and we applied for settlement.I was also told that they might call for interview,but apparently,this is the 9th week since I submitted my application and have since not heard anytin.can you please advice me
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.
Have you contacted the High Commission about your application?