Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

HI I AM FROM CZECH REPUBLICK, LIVING IN THE UK MORE THAN 4

Customer Question

HI I AM FROM CZECH REPUBLICK, LIVING IN THE UK MORE THAN 4 YEARS, MY HUSBAND IS BRITISH. I have disable dad living in czech republic,and i want to bring him to England and care about him. Is there any possibility that he can living with me in UK, can he has insurence, doctor, and care assistant, free hospital? Where can i get more advice please. Thank u LENKA FROM LIVERPOOL...

MY FATHER IS 55YEARS OLD, HIS DISABILITY IS HIGHT,HE CAN NOT MOVE TO ALL OF HIS BODY, WILL HE ABLE TO RECIVE ANY BENEFITS?

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
Your father as a Czech citizen is entitled to come to the Uk to live and work. You are also entitled as en EU citizen to bring your father here.

However under the rules you must either work or be abel to support yourself without recourse to public funds. Further more free medical treatment is dependent either on working her or being lawfully resident for at least 12 months.

The result of that is that if your father comes in his personal capacity as an EU citizen he would not be eligible for benefits or free NHS treatment.

If he comes as your dependent then you will have to support him.