Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi, Please inform that if two families can come into the UK

Customer Question

Please inform that if two families can come into the UK as entrepreneur with one inverstment of GBP 200,000?
I heard this from a freind in London!
Thanks,
Ali
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

H Ali,

Thanks for your question.

It is possible for two applicants to apply each for entrepreneurs visas on the basis of access two one amount of £200, 000.00 provided they both have access to the money Each applicant can bring their depedents, which includes their spouses and children under 18:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/entrepreneur/applicationsbydependants/

They must meet the maintenance requirements and you will see the specific requirements laid out on this page:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/entrepreneur/applicationsbydependants/assessmentoffunds/

But, yes,in summary you can bring your family.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear Tom,

What I mean is two families with one investment of 200,000 and with one application.

Please comment.

Regards,

Ali

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ali,

Two families can come but I understand that they would have to complete separate application forms so that there would be two actual applicants. It would make sense though to send both applications in at the same time with one covering letter explaining the situation.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear Tom,

OK, Two application correct but what about one investment of 200,000 for both families?

Is it correct that two families can do this with only 200,000 ? If yes, who would be the sponsor/main applicant?

Thanks,

Ali

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Yes, there can be two applicants applying on the basis of one sum of £200,000.00.

There would simply be two applicants, not one main and one secondary one. The thinking is that the two applicants together would be an investment Team, if you like. Please see the paragraph beginning "You and 1 other person can form an 'entrepreneurial team'" on the following link:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/entrepreneur/eligibility/access-investment-funds/

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.

Please click accept.

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I have answered your question

If you do not click accept I shall consider leaving negative customer feedback which will result in other experts being reluctant to answer future questions you submit to the board. I cannot work for free.

It does not cost you any more money to click accept, it just means I get rewarded for the time I have taken to answer your question (which is considerable)

Please click accept.

Tom