Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I was refused a UK Tier 4 Visa because the officer refused

Customer Question

I was refused a UK Tier 4 Visa because the officer refused to accept my proof of maintenance. I submitted a bank statement for half of the necessary 28 days and a downloaded statement of account for the other 28. The statement has name, address, logo, bar code etc. The second part is a ad-hoc printout of the account transactions that has bank logo and account number. The papers were refused since they are mere printouts, albeit official bank printouts. Obviously, it was an error not waiting to
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I think you may not have completed your post, the final sentence appears to be truncated.

Can you please restate and I shall advise.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was refused a UK Tier 4 Visa because the officer refused to accept my proof of maintenance. I submitted a bank statement for half of the necessary 28 days and a downloaded statement of account for the other 28. The statement has name, address, logo, bar code etc. The second part is a ad-hoc printout of the account transactions that has bank logo and account number. The papers were refused since they are mere printouts, albeit official bank printouts.
Obviously, it was an error not waiting to the next month to send in a mailed, printed statement.
Question: looks to me that Administrative Review will be unsuccessful in this case.
The scholl I applied to will under no circumstances issue a new CAS.
Have I any chance of going to school at all?
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

When does your current visa expire?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have no Visa. I applied for a Tier 4 and the application came back denied.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Ok.

So you are applying from your home country and not in the UK, correct?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Correct, Sir. From [Israel], i..e. Occupied Palestinian Territories (Amman Jordan Consular Post).

I received an entry denial notice last week.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

You won’t get a right of appeal on that unfortunately.

The UKBA are perfectly within there rights to reject ton this basis, as I believe you are aware. You now have two options 1) Adminstrative Review or 2) submit a new application

I would not expect an administrative review to be successful since it is simply a review by the entry clearance officer of the documents you have already submitted. You can write to them requesting that an administrative review is carried out on the file and attaching your new legitimate bank statements.

The difficulty is that they are not under a duty to actually consider them, so you would be relying on the ECO taking a pragmatic view and approving the documentation rather than waiting for you to submit a new fresh application and examining the whole thing again. They are under no duty to do this but it is not unheard of for them to approve on this basis and it costs you no money to try. If it is going to take time to prepare a new application then you should ask for an administrative review.

If however you can submit a fresh application straight away with the new bank statements and there is a danger that the documentation you have provide will time lapse before you hear back on the administrative review (which could take a number of weeks, the UKBA are very slow) then I would submit this straight away and write off the previous application fee as a sunk cost.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot submit a new application, as the school is unable to provide me with a new CAS.

I understand from you that the Administrative Review will probably prove unsucessful.

Are you suggesting that I abandon my hope of learning in the UK institution to which I was accepted and already paid tuition to?

You are saying that you feel that you have no solution for me.

Is that correct?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
You have not been given a right of appeal - is this also correct?

Did you instruct a solicitor/agent to prepare your application?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been given no right of appeal.

I unfortunately did not use an agent to prepare the application.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

It costs you nothing to ask for an administrative review so I would certainly do so, submitting the missing legitimate bank statements. Though I would not be too optimistic of your chances the UKBA have been know to do stranger things than approve applications of this nature.

If it is unsucessful then I'm afraid you will have to wait until you secure a new offer of sponsorship for study from an approved sponsor college/university in the next academic year.

You should also speak to your college regarding the reimbursement policy as to your tuition fees, it may be that you can get a partial refund of these if you do not take up the offer of study.

I appreciate it may appear expensive but the way of giving yourself the best hope of an approval following submission is to instruct a solicitor to prepare your applicaiton for you, or to check an applicant you have prepared yourself. It usually costs around £300.00 for an immigration solicitor to check your application.

Sorry it could not be better news, but other than above stated I regret to say that there is no solution at the present time.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom