Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

We (Africa-in-Focus) are a small UK tour operator with an operational

Customer Question

We (Africa-in-Focus) are a small UK tour operator with an operational base in Cape Town and have been invited to host a Pakistani film crew (10 Pakistani nationals, based in Pakistan) who wish to make a travel documentary film of up to 10 African countries for Pakistani television.

The film crew have requested our assistance with obtaining visas for Kenya, Uganda (available on entry we believe), but also Rwanda, Tanzania, Mozambique, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa. These are all commonwealth countries (except Zimbabwe) but regulations seem to vary widely

Please can you give any pointers as to what they can do to obtain visas for these countries, most or all of which have no representation in Pakistan. Both parties find the information on the internet confusing.

Thank you
John [email protected]
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
John I doubt if you will get much practical assistance on this from the Uk law site. The fact that each country is a commonwealth member is by and large irrelevant and each independent country operates its own immigration system so you are just going to have to deal with each one separately.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Realising this is not a UK law matter, can you please suggest how the Pakistani film crew can obtain visas individually for 8-10 African countries, before they leave Pakistan for Africa, when for most there is no representation or consular service for those countries in Pakistan, nor Pakistani representation in the Africa countries other than Kenya, Zimbabwe and South Africa?

Would there be any way to discover which Pakistani representative, ie in which country, might be able to process the visa apllications?

Would the Pakistani Embassy/High Commission in the UK be any help in such a matter?

Thanks for your help so far and I look forward to some further advice.

Sorry I was only responding by way of information so you did not sit waiting for answer. I have no idea. If it was me I would find out the entry requirements fro each country and the ask them how to apply is a visa was necessary.