Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Can you tell me whats needed to get my girlfriend to come and

Can you tell me whats needed to get my girlfriend to come and live with me as my wife here in the UK and what will the cost be she lives in the philippines and needs to get avesia whats the cost involved.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following using the same numbering:-

• 1. Where would you marry - Phillipines or in the UK
  • 2. What nationality are you

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello thanks for your reply i'am british my family can be traced back to when the romans was here , we would merry here and live here she comes from the philippines i am married but separated for ten years getting a divoles not a problem .
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

You're going to have to get divorced before she applies for a visa to come here and marry you I'm afraid. You need to do this as soon as possible.

If she is coming here to marry she will need to apply for a fiance visa (settlement). Here is the criteria you would need to fulfill for a fiance visa,

• You plan to marry within 6 months of her arriving here (egg. statements from you and others, possibly a booking of a church/venue)
  • You plan to live permanently together here (statements, correspondence)
  • You have met each other before (eg. statements from you both and others, correspondence)
  • You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income, evidence of jobs available that your husband could do)
  • You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
  • That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)

The application will have to be supported by evidence proving the above eligibility criteria. I have suggested basic documents above, but the list is not exhaustive. They key to a successful application is producing well-collated documentary evidence for the above criteria.

She will also have to pass and english language test showing she has a basic command of spoken and listening English. She can find out approved test providers in her area by contacting the UK embassy nearest to her.

You will need to apply to the British Embassy/Consulate closest to her for fiance visa using form VAF4 which is available for download from the UKBA website

You should consider instructing a immigration solicitor to prepare an application for you. You can find local solicitors via:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

It should cost around £1000-1500+ VAT

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor