Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hello I am 26 year old, my father has eu nationality as he

Customer Question

Hello
I am 26 year old, my father has eu nationality as he holds a greek passport. I live in pakistan and i am pakistani national, I m dependent on him and coming to uk for studies, my questions is
how can i apply for schengen visa first of all as member of eu national?
2nd
is there any way that i can use his status to get settled down in uk or greece?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi

Is your father Greek by birth? When were you born
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Are you able to respond to my previous post please and I shall then provide an answer for you.

Kind regards.

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello
No he is not greek by birth
ha got his greek nationality about 5 years ago
he is residing permanently and working in greece
Sorry for my late reply
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Whether you would be able to claim Greek citizenship from your father would depend on Greek law regarding citizenship, there is no “greek law” section on this website. I would expect it to not differ significantly from UK law , and if your father had naturalised as a UK citizen after you had been born you would not be entitled to register as a UK citizen by descent. If you were born after your father had naturalised then you would be entitled to citizenship by descent.

You would also not be entitled to a right to settle here as his son if you were over the age of 17 I’m afraid.

You should speak with your father and ask that he consult directly with a Greek attorney as to whether Greek citizenship by naturalisation is permitted to pass one generation to a son born after they were naturalised, but I would ready yourself for a negative answer.
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?
If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.
Please click accept.
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I have answered your question

If you do not click accept I shall consider leaving customer feedback which will result in other experts being reluctant to answer future questions you submit to the board.

It does not cost you any more money to click accept, it just means I get rewarded for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Tom