Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

hello! my brother need to show any bank balance or not for

hello! my brother need to show any bank balance or not for apply student visa?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Can I ask why you have not click accept to the previous answer I have provided you with?

Both myself and other experts will be reluctant to answer you question until you have clicked accept and other it does not cost you anymore money then you have already deposited to click accept.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello! tom i need application form for my brother if i give u details of my brother can u fill the form for me pls .sam
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont no why u taking so long .pls answer my qustions as soon as u can pls?
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi Saima,

As explained in my original question your brother will require another new letter from a univesrsity offering a place to study and an offer of sponsorship. This is called a Certificate of Sponsorship letter (ie. a "CAS" letter).

In terms of the money he will need to prove, he must show he has the requisite maintenance funds. This means that he must show that he has the money to pay for his course fees and to support himself. If the course length is greater than 9 months then you will need to show the first year of tuition fees plus 2 months of maintenance. The figure that he will need to have to demonstrate the maintenance part of this depends on whether he studies in inner london boroughs. If he studies in in london boroughs then this will come to £7200, if he studies outside the inner london boroughs then this will be £54000. This is in addition to his course fees

The london boroughs are Camden, City of London, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Lewisham, Newham, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth and Westminster.

All the information is contained on this link:-

You will also see that the application forms and guidance need to apply are on the above link:-
What do I need to make my application?
Application form VAF9 - PBS Migrant
PBS Migrant guidance notes
PBS Appendix 8 (General) Student (all mandatory sections completed)
PBS Appendix 9 (Child) Student (all man

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,