Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

sister's uk immigration status

i have a sister who has lived in london  uk for 16 years and has two children born there. the children are now citizens . my sister applied for permanent resident status with the husband as co- applicant. about 3 months ago the husband brought a package home and showed my sister he has been approved for residency but not the wife who was the main applicant.Is that possible? who should my sister contact? is it not possible there is a foul play here? my sister is not educated. it seems her lawyer is not helping her much . all that he tells her is "it will come".but when? can you track the status of my sisters application for us please/
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi

What has her solicitor said about thijs?

Kind regards

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The lawyer said she should still continue to wait and see if the documents will come, even though it has been six months.

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

She needs to take control of this and be more pro-active. The solicitor is their to work for her and she has just as much right to information from them as her husband. She can authorise the solicitor to converse with you over the progress of the application if she is perhaps a little apprehensive or shy about approaching them but she needs to find out what is going on.

A delay of 6 months from the date of application is no unheard of, but saying that it is long. It would also be unusual if the applications were sent together for her husband to receive approval of his application but with her hearing nothing.

Your solicitor will be able to speak to the UKBA for an update if it has taken that length of time, if it were less then they would not. I would suggest sending the solicitor an email marked urgent informing them that she has very real concerns about the progress of her application and, particularly, the service provided by her solicitor in giving her information on her application. You should then list numbered points and ask the solicitor to respond as a matter of urgency.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
who are you refering to as "your solicitor" in the third paragraph of your reply?
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Sorry by "your solicitor" I did of course mean to refer to your sister's solicitor. He can speak to the UKBA directly if nothing has been heard for that length of time.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom