Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I have at present 2 years multiple visa for visiting my son in UK as he is studying there.

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ali,

Thanks for your question.

This type of visa is for prospective entrepreneurs who will eventually make an Tier 1 Entrepreneur Application and will do so not by way of having £200,000.00 in the bank like you do but instead relying on having £50, 000.00 from a Venture Capitalist Firm OR from registered entrepreneurial seed funding competitions which is listed as endorsed by the UK Trade and Industry OR from UK Government Department made available to the individual for the purpose of expanding a business in the UK.

You can see it here under “How are points calculated”:-

This is different to yours because in order to get your points up to the required level you are relying on having the greater amount of £200, 000.00 in the bank. As such the special visitor’s visa for prospective entrepreneurs is not available to you.

I note you have a multiple entry visa to visit your son and you can of course still use this to come to the UK until you have received your Tier 1 visa, but it will be a condition of your visa multiple entry visitor’s visa that you do not carry out employment activities so you must be careful that you do not do so with a view to your business or at least be careful that you do not get caught. In practice this is fairly hard to police if it is the case that you are simply having meetings.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,