Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i want to sponcer my fiancee to join me in uk does she need

i want to sponcer my fiancee to join me in uk does she need money in her bank account
i
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi

Is she coming here to settle permanently after you have married?

What nationality are you?

Kind regards
Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i am british born in uk and she is coming here to settle after marriage

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Are you to marry in the UK or elsewhere please?

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

hoping to marry in uk but i am told i need six monthes bank statements no more then 30 day old does this apply to the last staetment the 30 days

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question.

She will need to apply for a spouses visa (ie. Settlement)

If the application is well prepared and you meet the following eligibility criteria then it may make the application easy and quick to decide upon for the UKBA. To be eligible, you must show:-

• 1. That you are legally married to each other (marriage certificate)
• 2. You are present and settled in the UK (eg. Passport, proof of accommodation)
• 3. You intend to live permanently together here in the UK as husband and wife (statements, evidence of her (statements, correspondence(
• 4. You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income)
• 5. You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
• 6. That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)
The application will have to be supported by evidence proving the above eligibility criteria. I have suggested basic documents above, but the list is not exhaustive.

In terms of the bank statements, you must submit 6 months worth of bank statements going back from the time you submit your application and the most recent bank statement should not be any older than 2 weeks old. However, each case turns in it’s own facts, so where it is obvious from other documentary evidence of assets that there is no question that the parties have sufficient assets/income available then the UKBA will generally be a bit more tolerant about the amount and recentness of the statements. Where there is less money, the UKBA will stick to the aforementioned more rigourously.

She will also have to pass and English language test showing she has a basic command of spoken and listening English. You can contact the UKBA for details of test centres in her area.

She will need to apply for settlement (ie. spouses visa) by using form VAF4 Settlement, available for download from UKBA's website. It would be best for either a solicitor in the UK to prepare it in consultation with both you and your fiance before submitting it to ensure the best possible chance of success upon determination by the UKBA.

You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-
http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

The visa will be granted for a period of 27 months. You husband can apply for indefinite leave to remain once she has been here for 24 months. 12 months later she can apply to be naturalised as a UK citizen provided she has not spent a lot of time outside the UK during the 36 months total.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom