Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

My daughter works for TUI Travel, and is working in Turkey.

My daughter works for TUI Travel, and is working in Turkey. She has a Turkish/Kerdish boyfriend, and she would like him to come over here for a holiday. We have met him, and would be very happy for him to stay with us for a few weeks. Please can you advice us how to go about this, many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi K Snelling,

Thanks for your reply.

He needs to apply for a visitor’s visa.

The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

You have to try and show them that he has continuing obligations in Turkey which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that he is not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from his employer stating he has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money he has available).

Essentially, you have to show them using documentary evidence that he has a life in Turkey which will compel him to return to so that he will not seek to stay permanently in the UK whilst he is here.

He can stay for up to six months and must leave at the end of it. He cannot seek to secure a more permanent stay whilst he – it would not be entertained by the UKBA and would certainly harm any future application he would wish to make to come here at a later date.

If you will assist him during the intended stay you should ask them to go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of his visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that if your daughter is in a relationship with him then all parties know that he should leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-
http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law
.
He should either call the British Embassy closest to him or visit the UKBA to get the forms to apply or do it online:-
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom