Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

do you have to pay b t a to leve nigeria to come to uk

Customer Question

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following using the same numbering:-
1. Who has said you have to pay this money
2. What do they say you have to pay this money for specifically
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
they told her her at the airport
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Yes, but who told her this? The Nigerian immigration officials at the Airport?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes they told her at the airport
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

This sounds like very irregular practice.

The UK immigration authorities do not require Nigerian citizens to physically pay money to them in order to enter the UK – they simply require that you have a visitor’s visa and in the processing of considering whether or not a visitor’s visa should be granted will check that the applicant has sufficient funds in order to support themselves during their stay without the need to access public funds. If they do, a visa will be granted and a person can then simply book a flight and show their passport/visa upon entry at the Airport in the UK. They would then be let in,

This sounds like a problem with the officials on the Nigerian side and I would certainly make enquiries with the agent with whom she booked the ticket but, more importantly, with a local attorney/solicitor to check this is an illegal practice. She should make enquiries with the complaints department at the Airport to find out if this is legal according to Nigerian law or whether this was an illegal act.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you foward this to miss debbie crimmins at the mumu hotelnigeria please thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can she still use her ticket it is vallied tillthusday
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I can't forward anything, that's for you to do because this is for general advice only (not specific advice),.

You will have to refer to the airline about the validity of the ticket, but if it says she can fly at any time until Thursday then I would assume so.