Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

How can my niece/newphew with a guatemalan passport get a student

How can my niece/newphew with a guatemalan passport get a student visa for the UK? thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi

How old is she please?

Does she have an offer from college yet please?

Kind regards

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, she is 23 and no offer and not much money but I would be willing to help. Also, my sister who has an american passport, who is 30 wants to come and study here, how would she do it? Thanks.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Both of them would need to obtain an offer for study from a college licensed to sponsor Tier 4 Adult Student Applicants. They would then have to apply for and obtain Tier 4 Visa from their local UK embassy in their respective countries. It’s not easy.

I attach a link to the page containing all the UKBA visa service’s information on how to apply for student visa and the required points needed from each applicant base upon their attributes and maintenance in order to apply:-
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf29pbsstudent

Please note that it would be best for them to check the amount of points they think they will have in order to ascertain whether they meet the points threshold, this is very tightly enforced by the UKBA and if they do not have the requisite points then they should not apply because they will only be rejected if they do.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.

Please click accept.

Tom