Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hiya want to know how i can go about applying my indefinite

Customer Question

hiya want to know how i can go about applying my indefinite leave to remain in the uk through domestic violence rules?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Have you been physically abused
  • 2. When did this happen
  • 3. Did you report the matter to the police

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i was physically abuse so many times

and yes police were involve and aware .

last year since it happen but still been in that no help situation and is frustrating me .

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

The requirement are that you must have been given permission to remain in the UK as the spouse of a UK citizen, that marriage was genuine and you were the victim of domestic violence at the hands of your spouse and that this caused your relationship to break down so that you are no longer together.

You would have to apply using Form SET (DV), which is available for download from the UKBA website. The application fee for this is £820..00, if you are destitute then you do not need to pay this fee but you would have to show that you do not have any money and are in fact reliant completely on a third party to pay you living expenses.

The application would have to be supported by documentary evidence showing that you meet the requirement in the first paragraph above. The following is a list of examples of appropriate supporting documentation given by the UKBA but you may have other evidence and would also prepare a statement in which you explain the details of your personal circumstances and incidents of violence:-

A letter or other document showing that a Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) has been convened on your behalf

A Non-Molestation Order or other protection order against the person(s) who committed the violence.

o This must be a final order, not an interim or ex-parte order

A medical report from a hospital doctor or GMC registered family practitioner (GP) who has examined you confirming that your injuries are consistent with being a victim of domestic violence.

o The report must include the doctor's GMC Registration Number and must provide the date you first registered, the dates of your visits in which domestic violence was reported, and an extract from the record of these details.

An undertaking given to a court that the person(s) who committed the violence will not approach you.

A police report confirming that, because of a domestic violence incident, they attended the address at which the incident(s) took place.

o A copy of the incident log must be provided. It must show the address(es) at which the incident(s) took place.

A letter from a social services department confirming its involvement in connection with domestic violence committed against you.

A letter of support or a report from a domestic violence support organisation/refuge.

Other documentary evidence showing that you have been the victim of domestic violence

You will have to explain why there is a time lag between the last incident of violence and the actual application (eg. Fear, not knowing the rules etc).

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks and wanna know if i need a solicitor to help me with this process or i can only do it through uk ba ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.